Host your next celebration at the Calgary Shrine Event Centre.
RENTAL GUIDELINES & FAQ’s
Outside Vendor Policies
Whether you have florists, decorators or entertainment in mind or need help selecting one, we welcome trusted outside vendors to help bring your event to life. Please note that all outside vendors must be approved by The Calgary Shrine Event Centre to work at the facility. Vendors should be WCB compliant and must also carry General Liability Insurance. Clients are responsible to ensure their outside vendors comply with the terms of the rental agreement including access times.
The following policies are in place to ensure your event goes seamlessly:
- All décor/rental items provided by the client or their outside vendor must be approved by The Calgary Shrine Event Centre.
- The delivery, set-up and removal of all décor and or rental items must be co-ordinated by the client for the day of the event.
- Open flames, confetti, birdseed and rice are not permitted inside the Centre or on the grounds.
- Artificial flower petals are not permitted on the Centre grounds.
- Real flower petals are not permitted inside the Centre.
- Any fabric used for events must follow the Alberta Fire Code regulations.
- No nails, staples, tacks or tape are permitted for fastening of decor items to the walls, doors, beams
- All wedding street signage should be removed after the event.
- If clients wish to supply specialty linens including chair covers, they are responsible for the placement and removal of these linens.
- All décor/rental items must be removed at the conclusion of the event and within the rental agreement timelines.
- The Calgary Shrine Event Centre is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- Any suspension of decor items from the ceiling or beams must be approved by the Centre.
- Entertainment such as DJs, live bands, photo booths, candy stations etc. are permitted. Fog machines are not permitted.
- Set-up can be done the day of the function.
ADDITIONAL POLICIES & GUIDELINES
- The Calgary Shrine Event Centre complies with all local bylaws and provincial and federal regulations. All clients including their guests and vendors are also expected to comply with these bylaws and regulations.
- A large parking lot is located at the front of the building for complimentary guest parking. Drop off is available at the front door and the lower level. Overnight RV parking and camping is not permitted.
- The Calgary Shrine Centre is a non-smoking facility. Outdoor designated smoking stations are provided.
- A $2 million Special Event Liability insurance policy is required for all events and is the responsibility of the client. The policy must include Party Alcohol Lability coverage and the Calgary Shrine Event Centre (Al Azhar Shriners Society) named as additionally insured. Insurance may be purchased through your own agent or at www.palcanada.com. Proof of insurance must be provided 2 weeks prior to the event.
- The client will comply with reasonable requests of the Centre staff for safety and security of the property and persons present.
- All property brought onto the Calgary Shrine Event Centre site, by the client, their vendors, representatives, or guests is the sole responsibility of the client.
- At no time shall Al Azhar Shriner artifacts be moved or disrespected.
What types of tables are included in the amenity fee?
In addition to round dinner tables and chairs, The Calgary Shrine Event Centre provides tables for gifts, guest book, cake and the signing of the register.
Are candles allowed?
Candles that are in a container with the top of the flame a minimum of 2.5 inches below the edge are acceptable.
Are there coat checking services available?
The Calgary Shrine Event Centre can provide you with a coat check – either with or without a coat check attendant. Ask about coatroom attendant fees.
There will be children attending my reception. Do you provide high chairs?
The Centre does stock a limited number of high chairs and no booster seats. Parents should be advised to bring their own if you have a large number of babies/toddlers. They can also be sourced through your decorator or rental company.
What happens if I have an outdoor ceremony planned and the weather is inclement?
If you have rented one of the Calgary Shrine Event Centre ballrooms, there is flexibility to hold your ceremony in your rented space. Should the weather be inclement, the client will be asked to decide if they wish to bring their ceremony inside, 2 hours prior to the ceremony. This allows Centre staff to set-up seating in the alternate location. If the client cannot make the decision, The Centre reserves the right to make that decision for the client. Those clients renting the outdoor space only, should make separate back-up plans.
Why are there set times for the wedding ceremony on the Water Front Gazebo and Lawn?
As there can be several ceremonies scheduled for the Water Front Gazebo and Lawn on any given day, setting specific times allows each bridal client sufficient time for the ceremony and time to set-up for any bookings that follow.
Do I need a sound system for my outdoor ceremony?
The Waterfront Gazebo and Lawn are situated in a natural amphitheater and sound does carry very well for groups under a 100 people. If clients do wish to have a sound system, they are responsible to provide it. Power is available in the Gazebo.
Do taxis come out to the Calgary Shrine Event Centre?
Yes. All cab services provide passenger service both to and from The Centre.
What forms of payment does The Calgary Shrine Event Centre accept?
Deposits and payments can be made with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, interac e-transfer, cash or cheque.
Are there minimums for guest counts?
Although there are no minimums for the number of guests you have at your event, there are minimums for catering orders. Please consult with your selected caterer for minimums.
What if my guest count changes a week before my event?
Guest counts must be guaranteed 14 business days before your event (this may differ from your caterer’s requirement). Increases can often be accommodated after that deadline. Ensure you notify your caterer, decorator and The Centre of any increases.